Sunday, November 1, 2015

NEW YORK CITY MARATHON November 1, 2015

Today is the day I had dreamed about for 3 years. Ever since I did my 1 st marathon in 2012, I had said I will only do 1 more full marathon in my life and that will be the NYC Marathon. I tried for 3 years to get in. This year was my year and I was so excited. Training all summer in the heat by myself was not so fun, but I did it and it was so worth it. 





 Look at that amazing sign my friend Katrina made for me! Mile 16 she was there and I saw my sister around the corner. AMAZING!





 My Mom, Jenni, & Aunt Harriett were there to support me and make this the best girls weekend ever!





 Getting my runner packet, dealing with a minor flu and cold, and walking the finish line the day before and sightseeing was the best days ever.




 Central Park you have my Heart. Beautiful place in the middle of this crazy city.


 Leaving NYC for the starting line. Met some pretty awesome people along the way.

 My start time was 10:15am. Here it goes, leaving Staton Island going over the bridge, total of 5 bridges we ran over.


 Running through the 5 boroughs was the coolest.  Each street had a band and the streets were lined with a crowd of cheerleaders.  I didn't need music and loved talking to people along the way.

 Last bridge, Mile 15, headed back to the city.



 Entering Central Park, and I saw my mom & Jenni!

 Crossing that finish line was the best feeling.  I felt so good, no cramps, it was the best feeling.

 And theres my treasured medal. Bucket list item done.





 After the race dinner with friends. Still feeling so good!
 Last day in the city. Everyone was wearing their medals, so I joined in and wore it the next day. So exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment